Pages

August 22, 2013

Summer Nights and Movie Scenes.

Today was a movie.  Or at least as close to a movie as my life can get.

It's one of those movies based in a small town in the middle of summer and everyone does "summer-y" things.  Go to fairs, eat corn dogs, ride ferries wheels, swim in a lake (or pond), eat homemade raspberry pie, hang out in the hay loft of a barn, just talking.  A day spent care free, with the only worry being sun burn.  
It was picturesque, though regrettably my camera was at home all day.

It would have been a good movie, filled with comedy, action, and an epic love.  That's right, you read it correctly.  

Love. 

Now not the Nicholas Sparks kind of romance.  My flame was not quiet the norm.  Most girls would shy away from the thought of him... but he has charmed me to the very core.  I will not share his name, mainly because I do not know it, and even though we have only just met I feel that he and I have a very special connection.   

He is a two week old calf.  

That's right.  A cow.  This is how romance filled my life is. 

My friend just recently got the calf and he hasn't been feeling well, so tonight, after swimming and pie, some friends and I hung out in the hay loft of the barn, to keep it company. 

We talked, laughed, and sang. (The calf was not so keen on these activities as his human companions but I think he enjoyed listening)

We discussed life in the briefest of ways;

-Promising each other we would write each other letters after I go off to college and another heads off to boot camp.  

-Collecting evidence for future black mail.

-Reminiscing over music

It was quite fantastic and I was sad to have it end. Yet again affirming the reality that I'm leaving in four weeks. But I hope to have more nights like tonight.  Many more. 

No comments:

Post a Comment