Pages

February 22, 2015

Behind "The Ramblings".

Since it seems like I have a lot of new followers that I don't know personally, I thought I would write a little blurb on myself... Because this is a platform that narcissism is not only acceptable, but encouraged.

-- My name is Lauren Steele.
-- I hail from the great mitten state.
-- I am currently 19 years old.
-- I have been with My Marine for two years this September.
-- And by with, I mean we text, like ALL the time.
-- Coffee is my muse and my vice. I drink it black, no sugar.
-- I was homeschooled from 1st grade through 12th.
-- I lived in Louisville, Kentucky from September 2013 - December 2014.
-- Culinary school is what drug me down south.
-- I have an extreme love-hate relationship with snow.
-- Yes, my hair is natural.
-- No, you can't touch it.
-- Things I need in the morning; Coffee, Jesus, and some friggen quiet.
-- I love dark (and I mean DARK) chocolate, Thai food, and Instagram.
-- I used to inline speed skate, like Apolo Ohno, but with wheels and slower.
-- I worked at my local skating rink for about five years.
-- I waitresses at a pizza place for less than three months, I was horrible at it.
-- I am a klutz, which is why I was a bad waitress.
-- I am an American of Welsh/German decent, not Irish, the hair and freckles lie.
-- Rescue dogs are a weakness of mine, I have had two, and planning on more.
-- Dream vacation: New Zealand.
-- I am a huge geek.  Doctor Who, Sherlock, LoTR, and so on.
-- I quote constantly, if I don't make sense, then you haven't seen it enough.
-- Both my parents are vegetarians, and I am slowly joining them.
-- I judge new friends on whether or not they have seen/like The Princess Bride.
-- I have tons of unread books on my shelves. I keep buying more and lying to myself about reading them.
-- I started this blog because I wanted to review books and movies. That didn't work out apparently.
-- I am a horrable speller. Always have been, always will be.
-- I am a minimalist when it comes to clothing and jewelry.
-- I am 5'9" and have man hands... such is my life.
-- I do the same hairstyle everyday for work. Ponytail with a small braid across the front.
-- I hate this hairstyle... it's just super practical.
-- My favorite color is blue. But the shade has varied over time. Currently it is slate blue.
-- I am a huge believer that you can do anything with enough caffeine.
-- I love learning. So naturally I remember all the useless tidbits I hear.
-- I have been singing since I could talk.  Had my first public performance at two years old.
-- If you have read this far, you are incredibly dedicated.  I thank you!

Expected picture of self and handsome man of mine.

To my new followers, drop me a comment and let me know where you are from and how you stumbled upon this humble blog of mine!  Would love to get to know some of you!


2 comments:

  1. Wonderful getting to know these tidbits about you, Lauren. Coffee is my vice as well :) especially on Mondays like today. You and your marine make a beautiful couple :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I can never go a Monday without coffee... or a Tuesday or Wednesday or Thursday... yeah I may have a problem!

      Delete