Pages

April 14, 2015

Happiness at the Bottom of My Mug.

My coffee addiction is not something I hide from you guys.  It's a serious joy (problem) for me. It runs far deeper than just my need for caffeine.

Coffee has a huge symbolism to me.  The smell is a comfort, it reminds me of early mornings with my dad, when I was little, we would sit and eat breakfast before he went to work.  It later became a way that we bonded when I was finally old enough to enjoy the drink itself.  There are still times, after a hard day, that I just want to make a cup of coffee to smell it, and hold a warm mug in my hands.

*not my hands*
Now that I am an adult, I find that coffee is my outlet for so many other things that make me happy.  I have reconnected with old friends at the bar of my favorite coffee house.  Memories stem from the worn booths and chipped mugs. Adventures are had by exploring new cafes and chatting with regulars about their favorite drinks.  These are things I thank my coffee addiction for. 

Latte Love. 
Coffee to me is happiness in a warm drink.  The end of every cup is the middle of a good conversation. So here is to celebrating a drink that brings people together. 

These pictures are from my adventure with Erika at Rowster Coffee with our sweetened lattes! 

No comments:

Post a Comment