Pages

July 29, 2013

Ready To Leave?

My mother and I went through all my college stuff today.  Washed my bedding, counted out all the things we need to buy, and (I, at least) mentally prepared myself for leaving.  I still have a ton of stuff that I have to do and get, before I am actually ready to leave, but I'm getting close.  Now the stress is starting to set in.

I move in September 18th.  I do not know who my roommate will be.  I do not know what classes I will be taking. I do not know how I will survive in a new state, seven hours from home.  To describe me as apprehensive would be the understatement of the century. 

I'm freaking out.  And yet, I'm excited.  I'm finally gonna be on my own, left to my own choices and my own decisions.  I'll be moving somewhere where no one will know me as "Aaron's little sister" or "The piano teacher's daughter".  

I have the chance to meet new people.  Make friends (none more amazing than the ones I have right now though).  Fall in love.  Yes, I went there, but I mean it more than just finding my future husband.  I get the chance to fall in love with the state, the school, the work, the people, the food, the culture. 

I'm homesick already!  It's crazy how much I'm gonna miss my family, friends, Tessa, and the state in general.  It's going to be a huge adjustment, but I'm coming to terms with it.  I may be ready for this.

No comments:

Post a Comment