Pages

July 25, 2013

Stargazing.

It's a brisk 60 degrees tonight, which is quite a relief from the last week of humid 90+ temps.  I wore a light jacket around the house today, turned off the AC, and opened the windows. It was extremely pleasant, and tonight is no different.

Its been so muggy the last few days that being out of doors was out of the question.  Tonight, all I really wanna do is be outside.  There are no clouds, the moon is almost full, and the stars are shining in all their well deserved glory.  It's perfect stargazing weather.

Warm enough to be outside, but chilly enough to need a comfy sweatshirt and some company.

I used to be the solitary type. A girl who would have spent hours outside after dark, contemplating the meaning of her sixteen year existence.  I'm not that type anymore.  I am a newly converted extrovert, and my friends are quite proud.  I even have a small group of people that like to stargaze with me.

Tonight, I miss them terribly, not just the company they provide, but the knowledge that I am not the only one who has ever stared up at the sky looking for answers.  The questions do very from person to person, but I know they all have them.

I also miss the conversations.  And yes, I know. Stargazing is supposed to be a quiet activity, full of self-reflection and moodiness, and yes, sometimes it is.  But with these people... The talks and laughs that we have while we are all sprawled out, on beach towels, in my yard, are some that I will treasure.

For example;
*Singing "Airplanes" and trying to convince everyone that the satellite that you just saw was a shooting star, just so you can cross it off your bucket list.
*Running around the yard, with a towel as a cape, because that's what superheros do.
*Staring at a star and spinning around in circles until you fall over. (Which apparently makes me adorable.)

Life would be so boring without stargazing nights.


No comments:

Post a Comment