Pages

January 7, 2014

Back To Business.

A new year. A new quarter. Normally I think this is where people put "A new me!" but that's not really true in this case.  New Years has never been like that for me.  I don't set new goals, resolutions, or what not.  I knew I would break them, so in my mind, there was no point.  I made a few when I was younger, crash diet goals, ridiculous restrictions on what I could and could not eat, usually those lasted about two weeks.  I either got sick or just plain hungry.  Never been good with restricting my eating habits, I'm a foodie, hence culinary school.

Speaking of which, I'm back!  Back to Kentucky for the next three months.  Back to a schedule, a plan, a goal.  In one year I will be moved back home, back to my little farming town.  To my family and friends.  Oh how I wish this year to go fast.  But I have some things that need my attention this year.  Not just school, I have important things happening this year.  Family changes to deal with, friends growing up and moving on and the work that goes into trying to keep those friendships alive, and a boyfriend who is leaving for bootcamp and schooling.  My world gets to be turned upside down every three months or so for the next year.  I can't just sit here in my dorm watching the world fly by me, I'm taking an active role in my life this year.


  • I'm pushing myself harder, academically, then I ever have before.
  • I'm spending the longest amount of time away from home then I ever have before.
  • I'm working on a relationship that doesn't have the best timing or circumstances.
  • I'm striving to be a better person, and a better Christian.
  • I'm finding out more about myself, rediscovering who I am and what I want for my life.  
  • I'm becoming an adult. 


And I am loving every second of it so far.  I will eat my words finals week, but right here, right now, I am where I am supposed to be.  My life isn't pretty, I have had to deal with things this last week that I really don't want to think about at eighteen years old, but I don't regret that.  It's what my life needs right now, and it's what I'll have to deal with.

Just not right now.

Right now it's time for dinner and some Sherlock.

So here is to 2014.  May it bring happy changes and blessings into your life as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment