Pages

September 19, 2013

I Have Arrived.

College. The final frontier.  

Well, not really, but appreciate the reference.   I am here at culinary school, sitting in my dorm room, at my desk, typing away.  It feels odd.  Like I'm in a sort of dream, you know those really vivid, realistic ones? The ones where when you wake up you can't tell the difference between yesterday and the dream.  That's what it's like.

I've had a full three days.  Spent the Tuesday running errands and packing, then I was kidnapped.  By the best people possible.  My friend, Rachel, picked me up and drove me to Holland where I met my other friends, Alan and Erika, for coffee!  After chatting for a bit we walked around downtown, window shopped, and of course stopped at the corner book store.  Later we went back to my second home, had ice cream, talked on the porch, stargazed on the trampoline, and began Hug Fest 2013.
These are my favorite kind of days.

I didn't want to say goodbye.  I hate goodbyes.  That weight in the center of your chest, holding you down, making you want to stay.  Forever.  I wish I could, I really do.  Spend the rest of my year sitting on the kitchen floor of my best friends' house.  But I had to move on.  I had to say goodbye.  It hurt, it still does.

Wednesday morning rolled around.  Regrettably.  Up at 4:45 am, finished my last bit of packing, explained to Tessa what was gonna happen that day, said goodbye to my brothers, dogs, and house.  Then sitting outside my house was my friend Jon.  Come to bid me farewell.  Ugh, never have I needed a hug so badly and I am so happy he was there to give me one.  Or five.  It's all a bit of a blur, I lost count.  But after that I was off, heading towards my new life.


God sent me a rainbow.
Today is my second day at school.  I've met some people, enough so that I don't eat alone at meals, unless I want to, which is most of the time.  I've had lots of breaks today, but I've spent them all in my room, writing journal entries, letters home, and now this blog post.  I should go down and get dinner soon.  But first a small dorm tour.
My bed and picture wall.
Book shelf, with all of my "To Read Before Break" books.  Wish me luck!


No comments:

Post a Comment