Pages

September 25, 2013

The College Goings On.

So, it's been a week.  I can't tell if it's blown by or it's dragging out.  I wake up every morning between six thirty and seven in the morning, eat breakfast, get on a bus, go to class, get back on a bus, come back to my room, do homework, get dinner, read, and go to bed.  There is not much variety.  And I don't know if that's bad or not.  I don't know if the monotony of my life here will help or hinder me.  I'm not ready to go home, to be honest.  I'm not homesick.  I'm just lonely.  The empty feeling inside my chest when I know I won't get a hug that day.  And I don't mean the quick little "welcome" hugs that are brief and almost meaningless.  I mean the "head on shoulder, listen to your heartbeat, comforting" kind of hug.  I can't just stop for a few seconds and let someone hold my stresses with me.  That's what I am sick for.  That's what I miss.

In other news my classes are going well.  I am in five classes, almost double what the other first quarters have.  I am in class from nine in the morning until four in the evening.

Seven hours of class.

What have I gotten myself into?

Keep in mind I requested two extra classes.  In order to graduate (with an associates degree) in eighteen months, I need to take five classes a quarter.  So that's what I am doing.  And I think, if I can keep my focus, that I will do just fine.  I'm gonna eat my words on finals week, but heck, confidence, right?

I haven't made many friends here.  To be perfectly honest, I don't feel like I need too.  I don't mind eating meals on my own, or in the company of my book.  I don't feel like having a social life is really that important.  I have people I talk to in class and at the dorms, if I have too.  But I don't hangout with people like I used too.  That seems to be something that people don't understand.  I am okay with being alone.  It's not like I don't want friends, I have friends.  At home.  I am at college to do school, not to make friends and gain a social life.  Multiple people keep telling me to make friends, "You're not replacing anyone if you make friends there."  That's not why I am not making friends, I know I can't replace my friends back home, but I'm content here.

I am excited for Thanksgiving break, though.  I'm looking forward to cooking with my dad again.  Making cookies with my friends (Whale shaped, of course).  Ready for cold, Michigan fall air, warm sweaters, movie nights, sleepovers, and long talks over hot cider or tea.

Only a few weeks left of school.

Just a few more weeks.

I can do this.

Right?

No comments:

Post a Comment