Pages

September 29, 2013

The Land Between.

The world between the old normal and the new normal.

This is something that got brought up in a church service back home, I listened to the audio this morning in my dorm.  They are moving buildings, and are preparing for a new normal.  I've moved states, and I'm preparing for a new normal.

It's been almost two weeks.  That doesn't sound like a long time, but it does feel like it.  I'm getting into the routine here.  Into the swing of things.  I have a system, a pattern, but it's not normal yet.

The question that I am fighting with is; will this ever be normal?
Will I ever be comfortable here? Will I ever settle in?

I don't know these answers, I know that I had a normal.  My normal was movie nights at Nate's, weekends at Erika's, late night text conversations, coffee date's with Rachel, bonfires, stargazing, days and nights filled with people that I love.

I am struggling with not having these things anymore.  They aren't totally gone, but coffee dates on opposite sides of a computer screen just have a different feel.  Stars don't translate the same through cell phone pictures.  Conversations don't flow right when I fall asleep too early.  Having the feeling of being surrounded by people who you love doesn't work over Skype.  These things aren't gone, but they are different.

I'm in the land between.  Transitioning into a new normal.  One with classes, bed times, bad coffee, and Skype dates.  One that I'm not happy about becoming used too.  I may not feel the same in a few weeks or months, I may enjoy this new normal eventually.  Just not now.  Right now I want my old normal.  I am dying to go back in time.  To even the simplest of days, where nothing extraordinary happened, just a normal day.



... 8 more weeks.

No comments:

Post a Comment